Location: Acton, MA
Type: Full Time
Virsec is looking for a field sales engineer
Want to be on the front lines of advancing a powerful new cyber defense technology? Do you see yourself in a role that will help reshape the world of data protection? We’re building the future of cyber security, and we’re looking for talented, field sales engineers to join our team. Virsec is building products that will fundamentally change the way businesses and organizations protect high-value data. We are bringing a novel product to market and are revolutionizing the cyber threat landscape as we do it. If you’re a passionate engineer with the skill and drive for engaging with customers, we’d like to hear from you.
This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way data security is done. As a field sales engineer at Virsec, you’ll be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products and services. Virsec SEs must be able to answer technical questions from customers regarding Virsec technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Virsec technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. You must be able to identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process, and you must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our customer’s technical staff.
- Ability to demonstrate Virsec products to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows
- Frequent travel to visit prospects and customers, and to engage in onsite customer work
- Strong knowledge on business applications and application deployment models
- Can develop a strong understanding of customer requirements and work with the Virsec engineering team to provide input to Virsec products
- Maintain close awareness of the cyber/data security market and work with the marketing team to collate information and update the Virsec Sales Kit
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Can validate Virsec engineering team’s responses to customer deliverables in collaboration with sales and marketing management / customers’ team
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software/hardware solution sales
- Strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and must be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Frequent engagement and exchange of learning with the Virsec development team
- A B.S. in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred. Equivalent certifications will be considered
- 4+ years relevant experience in selling and supporting software products to IT and IT Security organizations
- Experience and familiarity with IT security software, hardware and/or analytics products and services.
- Experience with networking, server, application and development technologies
- Domain expertise with IT operations, security or compliance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience working on site with customers
- Setup, configuration of IT solutions. Security experience is a plus
- Excellent presentation skills
- 50% travel
- Windows and VSphere certifications, Linux OS
- A self-starter mindset
- An aptitude and passion for learning new technologies
- Flexibility; we are a startup and move fast, so it’s important you can keep up
- Team first mentality; we are in this together
About Virsec Systems, Inc.
We are an investor funded startup that is getting ready to shake up the cyber security landscape. Our team is a tightly knit group of software and firmware engineers strongly supported by an eminent Board of Directors and Advisors. The company values intellectual curiosity, open communication and creative thinkers who know how to stand up and be counted. With us you will find new challenges daily and immediately gain a clear understanding of how your work matters to the company. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and a very stimulating work environment. If you are excited to learn and make a difference. Join us!