Location: Bangalore, India
Type: Full Time
Virsec is looking for a Principal Engineer with strong C++ Skill
Do you see yourself in a role that will help reshape the world of cyber security?
We’re building the future of cyber security, and we’re looking for talented, problem solvers to join our team. By leveraging the innovative and highly acclaimed approach behind our breakthrough and patented technology, Virsec is building products that will fundamentally change the way businesses and organizations protect high-value data. We’re bringing a novel product to market and are revolutionizing the cyber threat landscape as we do it. If you’re a smart, passionate engineer, we’d like to hear from you.
As a Principal Engineer at Virsec, you’ll be responsible for the below activities:
- Deliver and support quality software in a modern agile development environment
- Design/code/test clean, modular, maintainable code to perform on multiple platforms and endpoints
- Collaborate with the product management, UX, and domain experts to engineer new value-add features
- Pitch in as needed to support your team, including design/code reviews and troubleshooting
- Mentor less seasoned members of the engineering team
- Solve complex engineering challenges that make security simple, useful, and accessible
- Be an early, influential part of the team changing the face of security for the enterprise applications
- 12 – 20 years of experience with C/C++, Python, Windows and Linux
- Proven expertise in the Deep Packet Inspection or Cyber Security
- Prior experience in writing low latency, high performance code leveraging tightly managed thread pools
- Deep understanding of multithreading (mutexes, semaphores, events, signals etc.)
- Experience with pipes, sockets, LPC
- Strong knowledge of STL/ Boost
- Working with operating system internals (Windows, Unix, or Linux)
- Prior experience with building RPM/ Debian/ MSI packages
- Enforcing Security on Machines
- Background in information security disciplines, such as web security principles, application/systems assessments, and endpoint security
- Experience developing platform-independent solutions that run on multiple operating systems
- Experience building enterprise scale applications using clustering, message queuing or similar technologies
- Familiarity with operating system internals (Windows, Unix, or Linux)
- Familiarity with test-driven development (TDD) methodologies and automated unit testing tools
- Familiarity with development/usages of open source libraries in product development
- Must necessarily be from Product Company
- A self-starter mindset; we are a start-up and move fast, so it’s important you can keep up
- Team first mentality
- Strong problem-solving abilities with attention to details.
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to interface with customers and cross functional teams such as Development, Support, Sales and
- A genuine and demonstrable aptitude and passion for learning new technologies
About Virsec Systems, Inc.
Virsec Systems, Inc. is based at San Jose, CA with development centres in Acton, MA and Bangalore, India. We are an investor funded start-up that is getting ready to shake up the cyber security landscape. Our team is a tightly knit group of software and firmware engineers strongly supported by an eminent Board of Directors and Advisors.
The company values intellectual curiosity, open communication and creative thinkers who know how to stand up and be counted. With us you will find new challenges daily and immediately gain a clear understanding of how your work matters to the company. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and a very stimulating work environment.