Sales Engineer / Security Architect (New York City)
Location: New York City Area / Remote
Type: Full Time
Who We Are
Virsec is a leading provider of Full-Stack Application Protection Solutions. Our flagship technology (Trusted Execution) is the first and only solution that offers complete protection from cyberattacks for both the foundational core of an application (CPU and Memory) through to the transactional web-based business logic. In the highly competitive security software sector, we have earned a reputation for delivering what is often thought of as impossible. We’re growing fast and we need your help!
Who We Need
We are looking for skilled Security Engineers who can quickly analyze customer computing environments and implementation specifics in a short meeting with a prospect then identify and position the value of Virsec solutions in delivering world-class application protection.
What You’ll Do
As a Virsec Sales Engineer you will be responsible for presenting Virsec’s platform to prospective customers, creating and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements, creating evaluation test plans with customers, and then managing the evaluation process to a successful conclusion. You will work closely with customers as their primary point of contact for feedback and resolution of issues, and will be the customers’ advocate for issues that require assistance from Virsec Engineering. You will provide feedback to the Product Management team on feature requests and product enhancements communicated by our customer base. Extensive travel within the territory is required.
Skills You’ll Need to Have
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Develops customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer on needed actions.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 2 to 4 years of experience as a security consultant, software engineer or AppSec practitioner (must be able to provide technical demonstration of experience in interview process). We’re also open to candidates with largely technical/engineering backgrounds who possess persuasive communication skills.
- Solid understanding of Application Security, OWASP Top 10, Internet Telecommunication and the Cybersecurity Industry
- Solid understanding of exploit-based attacks against both compiled and interpreted application stacks.
- Ability to plan, develop and execute product implementations
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work with diverse professional clientele with varying skill levels and technical experience/competencies
- Ability to partner with internal resources outside of department in a collaborative and advantageous manner
- Ability to research highly technical topics, pull together various sources into one concise summary and explain technical details clearly and concisely
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills and a can-do attitude
- Must have a passion for your work and an ability to apply that passion to both daily tasks and larger projects
- Collaborative and team-oriented attitude
- Effective problem-solving capabilities
- Takes initiative and approaches all tasks and projects proactively
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability and positive approach
- Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort
Desired Technical Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Windows, Linux/UNIX and Virtualization Environments (e.g. VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM, Docker)
- Programming and Scripting Skills – JAVA, C#, Python, Perl, Shell, VBScript
- Experience with Servers, Storage Hardware, Networking & Public/Private Cloud Stacks (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Experience in Web Application Development and Web Application Security Practice
- Knowledge of the InfoSec Solution Competitive Landscape.
- Federal Sales Experience, with relevant clearances, is not requisite but a strong plus
What We Offer
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- Stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options
- A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, and fosters learning and lots of other great stuff!