Location: San Jose, CA
Type: Full Time
Virsec is looking for a QA engineer with strong background in Testing web applications and Automation
Do you see yourself in a role that will help reshape the world of cyber security?
We’re building the future of cyber security, and we’re looking for talented, problem solvers to join our team. By leveraging the innovative and highly acclaimed approach behind our breakthrough and patented technology, Virsec is building products that will fundamentally change the way businesses and organizations protect high-value data. We’re bringing a novel product to market and are revolutionizing the cyber threat landscape as we do it. If you’re a smart, passionate engineer, we’d like to hear from you.
As a Senior QA Engineer at Virsec, you’ll be responsible for testing the ARMAS product line. Our technology will radically change how enterprises view cyber security going forward. No signatures; no behavioral or heuristic analysis; this is a major advance and deterministic way to contain cyber threats. You will work closely with our pen testing, software, web development, product management teams as well as customers to deliver our product to Fortune 1000 enterprises.
- BS in computer science or software engineering or equivalent.
- 7+ years testing embedded software with 3+ years in a lead position.
- Experience in testing applications developed with the following technologies: Visual Studio 2012, Eclipse, Java, .NET 4.5, REST APIs, HTML/CSS, http/ https
- Automated Web services testing experience.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and database queries (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server.)
- Working knowledge of Linux (Debian/ Fedora), Windows 2012 and Python
- In-depth understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience using various development tools such as source control, bug tracking, and debuggers to identify and isolate issues in existing products
- Capture and record bug incidents with detail of steps to reproduce, expected and actual results.
- Knowledge of IT is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and agile methodologies.
- 3+ years of test automation experience.
- Replicating customer environment.
- Continuous integration experience.
- Develop test plans and test cases on functional and technical requirements.
- Conduct reviews of requirements with various departments including Engineering & Product Management.
- Ability to translate design requirements into test plan
- Prior experience prioritizing the critical path and delivering to a schedule
- Ability to mentor a small group of engineers
- A self-starter mindset; we are a startup and move fast, so it’s important you can keep up
- Team first mentality
- Strong problem-solving abilities with attention to details.
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to interface with customers and cross functional teams such as Development, Support, Sales and
- Marketing, IT, Product Management etc.
- A genuine and demonstrable aptitude and passion for learning new technologies
About Virsec Systems, Inc.
We are an investor funded startup that is getting ready to shake up the cyber security landscape. Our team is a tightly knit group of software and firmware engineers strongly supported by an eminent Board of Directors and Advisors.
The company values intellectual curiosity, open communication and creative thinkers who know how to stand up and be counted. With us you will find new challenges daily and immediately gain a clear understanding of how your work matters to the company. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and a very stimulating work environment.