Location: Bangalore, India
Type: Full Time
Virsec is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with strong Java Full Stack skillset
Do you see yourself in a role that will help reshape the world of cyber security?
We’re building the future of cyber security, and we’re looking for talented, problem solvers to join our team. By leveraging the innovative and highly acclaimed approach behind our breakthrough and patented technology, Virsec is building products that will fundamentally change the way businesses and organizations protect high-value data. We’re bringing a novel product to market and are revolutionizing the cyber threat landscape as we do it. If you’re a smart, passionate engineer, we’d like to hear from you.
As a Java Full Stack Developer at Virsec, you’ll be responsible for
- Developing critical components part of the overall product landscape
- Participating in the architecture & design meetings and develop low level architectures
- Create functional / Design specifications, create logical modelling, physical modelling, ORM and other SDLC artefacts
- Create production ready code with highest accuracy and quality.
- Work with various internal code repositories and continuous integration tools to ensure on-time build & deployment
- Develop various integration interfaces using REST/SOAP/JNI/SOCKET/HTTP(S)/JMS and other protocols
- Work with colleagues to ensure the component works end-to-end as per the requirement / design
- Work with 3rd party solution providers (like UI/UX, content writers, testing service providers) to provide required inputs, ensure development of UIs, user guide, installation manual, release notes, help menu contents etc.
- Participate in design reviews, incorporate feedbacks and translate them to functional codes
- Create unit / system / integration test cases, create sample datasets / vulnerable payloads
- Thoroughly test the developed code with unit tests, integration tests with manual / automated scripts, work with Quality Engineering team for integration / performance / load tests
- Strong coder in Web Applications using any one or more of the Application/Portal Server like Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, IBM WebSphere
- Strong coding skills in Core Java, Thread / Sockets Programming, Enterprise Java (J2EE or Spring, Hibernate) or .NET architectures
- Strong build, release and deployment expertise in one or more of the application / portal servers like Apache Tomcat, Liferay, JBoss, Weblogic, WebSphere
- Strong understanding of Application Servers Internals working and JVM Internal workings
- Coding experience in JDBC Programming and C++ Database Programming using C++ Database Connector
- Strong coding experience in developing applications utilizing one or more of the following web services technologies: JSON-RPC, JSON-WSP, Web Services Description Language (WSDL), REST, RPC, or XML
- Regex Programming Skills, Experience in any Parsing framework like ANTLR or any similar tools, Scripting (Perl/Python), Linux
- Knowledge of TCP/IP packet capture and analysis using tools like Burp / Wireshark or any other tool would be a plus
- Strong experience in developing and troubleshooting complex web-based N-tier enterprise applications that run in mixed operating system environments preferred
- Experience in build scripts such as Maven/Git/Jenkins/Ant scripting
- Experience with any or the relational and SQL based databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL as well as any of NoSQL based databases like Hadoop, HBase, MongoDB, CouchDB
- Coding knowledge of C, C++, C#.NET, PHP applications is a plus
- Knowledge of security vulnerabilities and remediation as listed in sites like OWASP, SANS, etc.
- Knowledge common attack vectors such as buffer overflows, SQL injection, CSRF, XSS, etc. to both software developers and management
- Proficiency in using static and dynamic analysis tools such as Burp Suite Pro, AppScan, Web Inspect, Backtrack, SoapUI, etc.
- Understanding of common web technologies and protocols including .NET, PHP, HTTP(S), SAML, SOA, SOAP, web services, etc.
- Working knowledge in Windows and Linux operating systems
- Must necessarily be from Product Company
- A self-starter mindset; we are a start-up and move fast, so it’s important you can keep up
- Team first mentality
- Strong problem-solving abilities with attention to details.
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to interface with customers and cross functional teams such as Development, Support, Sales and
- A genuine and demonstrable aptitude and passion for learning new technologies
About Virsec Systems, Inc.
We are an investor funded start-up that is getting ready to shake up the cyber security landscape. Our team is a tightly knit group of software and firmware engineers strongly supported by an eminent Board of Directors and Advisors.
The company values intellectual curiosity, open communication and creative thinkers who know how to stand up and be counted. With us you will find new challenges daily and immediately gain a clear understanding of how your work matters to the company. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and a very stimulating work environment.